Clinical Research & Trials
The Pepose Vision Institute, with the support of its Midwest Vision Research Foundation, operates one of the most influential ophthalmologic research facilities in the country. It has played a key role in FDA-approved clinical studies leading to the introduction of such groundbreaking technologies as LASIK Vision Correction, Crystalens for cataracts and more.
Clinical Studies are at the heart of all medical advances, and with our Primary Investigators, Dr. Jay Pepose, Dr. Mujtaba Qazi, and Dr. Nancy Holekamp, we are proud to offer these new ways to prevent, detect, slow the progress of, or otherwise treat vision problems.
Our clinical studies run the gamut from new drugs or combinations of drugs to new surgical procedures or devices, to new ways to use existing treatments. They offer advanced vision treatments before they are available to the general public. They allow you to help us find better treatments for all of us, for our children, and for our children’s children. We have many new studies, as well as studies that are ongoing but closed to new enrollment.
What are clinical studies?
“Bringing tomorrow’s technologies to our patients today.”
How can you participate?
Our clinical studies often offer patients access to the latest technologies, and when there is a cost, also often offer discounted services and possible compensation for your time. All clinical studies are conducted at Pepose Vision Institute under the guidance of Dr. Jay Pepose.
Take a look at our current studies listed below. If you find a study you are interested in, here’s how you can learn more and possibly participate:
• To get started, contact us by completing our Clinical Studies Application or call us at 636-534-5126.
• Your information will then be reviewed to see if you pre-qualify for one of our studies. Upon reviewal, we will contact you to schedule a consultation.
• At your initial consultation, we will perform a series of eye tests and measurements, review your information and ask additional questions.
• Based on the results of your consultation, if you qualify for a study we will explain the study in further detail and answer any questions – including the exact procedure, commitments, and costs or compensation.
• Should you find a study of interest, we will schedule your procedure and follow up visits.
Come see us for all your vision needs
If you are interested in learning more about our studies, have any vision issues or haven't had a general eye exam in a while, please come see us. Our experienced doctors will use advanced diagnostics to determine exactly how to best help you see your very best, patiently answer your questions and carefully explain all your options.Contact us